Are you facing the Transferring File issue? The file is too large for the destination file system, you are trying to Transfer your file one drive to drive to but it getting the error because file Size is above 4GB. We have got the 3 best solutions that will help you to get rid of this error.
Whenever you copy your files you get this message (The file is too large for the destination file system) and its interrupt to send files, it’s not the huge problem just you have to follow some steps and it will fix.
Why does it happen?
If you use USB Pendrives then definitely you have heard about it Fat, Fat32 and NTFS but what is it and how does it work its the point.
File System is FAT and FAT 32, NTFS: As you know FAT16 supports only a single file up to 2 Gigabyte in maximum size as well as FAT32 supports Maximum size up to 4 Gigabyte and if you compare with NTFS, it supports single file maximum up to 16TB and that’s a huge difference.
Usually, USB Disk comes with FAT and FAT 32 and that’s the reason the large file doesn’t transfer with these File systems, so you have to convert system file control with NTFS.
In this article, we have got 3 solutions to check out below and convert the file system.
How to solve the Problem?
You can format your Pendrive and change file system FAT32 to NTFS.
#Step 1. Reformatting
- Open your Windows Exprolor and Click on This PC icon.
- locate your destination drive and click right-click.
- Select the Format option and click on it.
- Choose “NTFS” and click to format the button.
The reformating process will delete your entire data from your drive make sure you save your Pendrive files to your pc before formatting drive
#Step 2. Use Command Prompt
- Open Run Tab and search cmd or Click the start menu and select Command Prompt Admin.
- You have to type below code in cmd (copy and paste)
convert drive letter: /fs: file system
convert F: /fs: ntfs /nosecurity
- Paste code and hit enter after few seconds it will convert your file system FAT32 To NTFS. This process will not delete or erase your data from your drive.
- You get Conversion complete message, type exit and check your drive.
- The process is done, you will be able to transfer large files hassle-free.
These were the easiest steps that allow changing the file system, we hope it will fix your issues.
If you are facing issues still, check out the video once.