The word emulator in the title must have brought you here, and guess what? You’re in the right spot if you are in search of the best emulator for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. If you are obsessed with SNES games, this emulator will help you fulfill all your gaming desires. Gone are the days when you had to spend time searching for the best emulator because you have Snes9X in hand. Didn’t hear about it already? Don’t worry; we are here to converse over this incredible emulator. So, without any further ado, let’s get started!
What is Snes9x Emulator?
It is a portable, freeware emulator for Super Nintendo Entertainment System that allows you to play all your favorite SNES games on your PC and workstation. Gone are the days when you had to spend on different devices just to play Super Nintendo Entertainment System games because this single software can help you get the best games. This emulator will keep you stunned with its performance and simple interface in a never-ending landscape of video games.
A list of games that this emulator is compatible with is as follows:
- Mortal; combat 2
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
- Kirby’s Dream Course
- Star Fox
- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
- Contra III: The Alien Wars and much more.
How to use Snes9X?
- First of all, you need to download the binary zip folder for windows.
- Extract the zip files into an empty folder.
- Create a folder of SNES games in the folder.
- Search for the SNES game file and copy it to the game folder.
- Now, launch Snes9X with a .exe file.
- Select the input configuration to see the controller settings.
- Click on the file menu and then tap on “load game” to start playing your favorite game!
|Snes9x 1.60||Windows (64-bit)||Freeware||Apr 25, 2019||3765 Kb.|
|Snes9x 1.60||Windows (32-bit)||Freeware||Apr 25, 2019||2559 Kb.|
The most significant concern of the people is about the features of Snes9X with which they can estimate the performance of the emulator. So, here is the list of features that make Snes9X one of the best PS1 emulators in the market.
- Snes9X is one of its kind in providing high-resolution affine transformations. It renders the scaled backgrounds with subpixel precisions. As a result, all the graphics of the games are displayed in the same pixel size without distorting the image or affecting the picture quality.
- It has incredible alternative audio interpolation methods that are beyond traditional SNES Gaussian interpolation. It is a significant reason why people love Snes9X for PS1 games emulation on desktop.
- It also offers high sample rates that you can set higher than 32 kHz.
- Snes9X older versions also provide you with mode 7 backgrounds with bilinear filtering. It makes these backgrounds smoother as they are scaled. As a result, it improves the quality of output video.
That was all about the SnexsX emulator that you must know about. We tried to input all the important information that you must know about Snes9X before installing it and using it. So I hope this article would be a great help for the people looking for the best emulator for PS1 games.